Did you know that “how to get pregnant” is searched for thousands of times a month? Many couples dream of a family and since most couples are very familiar with the mechanics of getting pregnant it seems that it should be one of the simplest things in the world to accomplish.
Unfortunately, however, for many couples the question “how to get pregnant fast” is not an easy one to answer. Many women struggle with infertility and it is not always known what the reason could be. It could be a problem with the woman or just as likely it could be a problem with the man.
If you have been trying to get pregnant for at least 6 consecutive months without success you may want to consult a medical professional. However, for some couples it takes longer for whatever reason so there may or may not be a problem. It is difficult to hear the stories of the women who are so fertile and so easily get pregnant but you need to realize that everyone is different. It also helps to know the basics of fertility.
Learn How To Get Pregnant Fast
Are You Ovulating?
For the woman, there is only a span of about 5 days during the month that it is possible to conceive. Typically this falls right around the middle of the menstrual cycle at approximately 14 days from your last period. This is because that is the time that your body is releasing the egg, commonly known as the time of ovulation. If you are not releasing an egg or if you are doing it too late in the cycle you may have trouble conceiving. After ovulation is the luteal phase of your cycle, it needs to be at least 10 days long or so. If this phase is too short you may have trouble conceiving.
A woman can only get pregnant if she is successfully ovulating. There are signs of ovulation that you can look for, including cervical mucus and tracking your temperature readings. During ovulation your temperature will typically raise a few degrees. Also, it is easy to learn how to track your cervical mucus, there are definite signs to look for.
Is Your Man Adequate?
When you start researching and looking for tips on how to get pregnant fast you find out that the man needs to have an adequate sperm count in order to aid conception. There are really no obvious signs of whether or not the sperm count is high enough however, a doctor can run tests to find out. It is notable that sperm count tends to go down in men who are heavy cyclists and men who wear briefs as opposed to boxer shorts. Apparently sperm counts are healthier when the testicles are not restricted or compressed in any way.
If you are trying to get pregnant you need to have sex often but not too often. A man needs about 48 hours in between sessions in order for his sperm count to get high again. However, if you go much longer than that the sperm count may actually go down. You also need to make sure that you are having sex at least a few times during those days of ovulation for the woman.
One problem that couples run into when they are reading tips on how to get pregnant fast and trying to conceive is that they make the sexual act just about conceiving a baby, thereby taking all of the joy out of it. As we all know, sex is a wonderful thing beyond the fact that it can bring you a baby. You will have more success if you enjoy yourselves and remember the love between you. Don’t make the sexual act just about working to get a baby. If you relax you both have a better chance at creating success by conceiving and getting pregnant.
Healthy Tips On How To Get Pregnant
Other concerns about how to get pregnant is getting healthy beforehand. Eliminate things that can be damaging to your health and the health of your baby. This especially includes alcohol and tobacco. If you are planning to become pregnant it is wise for you to quit smoking and quit drinking, as both can be extremely detrimental to your baby and to you during your pregnancy. It is also wise to adopt a healthy diet with plenty of healthy protein, vegetables and fruits. Essential fatty acids are important for your own health and the health of your baby so it is important to either get a supplement for that or to eat salmon and other fatty fish in moderation. There are also some vegetarian forms of essential fatty acids including flax seeds and flax seed oil.
Folic acid is crucial for pregnant women to prevent neural tube defects in your baby. It is important to make sure that you have enough of this critical nutrient so you may want to consider starting a regimen of prenatal vitamins before you get pregnant.
What Kind Of Underwear Does He Wear?
If you are trying to conceive and have been unable to do it, the father-to-be may want to consider getting boxer shorts for awhile. Now I bet when you were looking for tips on how to get pregnant fast you never thought about underwear! He should also be consuming a healthy diet and making sure to get the important vitamins and minerals that he needs.
If after 6 months of trying with no contraceptives whatsoever, you have still not conceived it may be wise to consult a medical professional.
Having a baby is a wonderful gift and it is something that you can achieve and have. Believe that you can conceive. Get in the right mindset, get healthy, get happy and get pregnant!
10 Tips On How To Get Pregnant Fast
1. The first and most important tip is to know your cycles and know when you are fertile. You can only conceive during a very short window every month when you ovulate. You need to learn about ovulation, the signs and symptoms of ovulation and your own cycle concerning ovulation. If you don’t ovulate you can’t get pregnant.
2. Even if you know your cycles you still need to have sex often. In fact, enjoy sex frequently at least three times per week. If for some reason you miss the symptoms of ovulation as long as you are having frequent sex you are probably covered.
3. Don’t rely on the calendar method for ovulation. For example, many women may think that they ovulate on the 14th day and they may be right but they may be wrong. So chart your cycles, take your temperatures, monitor your cervical mucus and find out exactly when you ovulate.
4. Do you want to know how to get pregnant fast? Have sex before you ovulate. Yes, after is usually too late!
5. Use a fertility predictor. You can buy a fertility predictor right in your drug store next to the pregnancy tests. Be optimistic! Buy a pregnancy test at the same time you buy your fertility predictor test. That way you’re covered.
6. Start taking your prenatal vitamins before you get pregnant. When I was studying tips on how to get pregnant fast I learned that certain nutrients such as folic acid are so crucial to the development of your unborn baby and you need to start it early so it is available to your baby the moment of conception.
7. Stop smoking, drinking or taking drugs. Smoking can harm your baby in a number of ways and it is much easier on you also if you stop smoking. So if you want to get pregnant do whatever you can to quit. What is more important? A healthy baby and a healthy pregnancy? Or a bad habit? You decide. And you should stop drinking, also. Fetal alcohol syndrome is very dangerous for your baby, when he or she is born and throughout their lives. Don’t drink. And no drugs, prescription or otherwise. If you are currently taking a prescription medicine, ask your doctor, search the Internet, do your research. Many drugs, even though they are prescribed by a doctor can pass through the placenta and harm the baby. Don’t take chances.
8. Enjoy yourself. Relax and enjoy the time you have with your partner. Don’t make the sexual act just about creating a baby, enjoy it. Focus on the pleasure and love (not on the goal!).
9. Certain positions are more conducive to keeping the sperm inside the woman’s body. The missionary position is one of the best for this. Also so don’t get up right away after sexual intercourse as this can also allow the sperm to leave the body. Relax and keep the sperm inside of you so that it has a chance to fertilize the egg.
10. If you haven’t gotten pregnant within 9 months to 1 year you should consult your doctor. You should consult your doctor even earlier if you are over 35. If you are over 35 you may want to consult your doctor if you haven’t conceived within 3 to 6 months. If you contact your doctor at least you will know if you really have a problem and fertility treatments can be very effective.
Imagine your new bundle of joy. He or she could be here as soon as 9 months from now! Good luck with your quest for tips on how to get pregnant!